Natural mineral waters contain abundant minerals, biologically active components, ions, gases and more and they can have therapeutic properties. Natural mineral water developed over thousands of years and it is difficult to synthetically recreate all of its properties.
Natural mineral water falls into several different classifications depending on the concentration of ions. The therapeutic effect is primarily from the ions.
– Water high in hydrocarbonates helps moderate the pH of stomach acid.
– Chloride stimulates gastric and pancreatic secretions.
– Sulphates restore the gastric and cholangial function.
– Water high in sodium helps regulate arterial pressure.
– Magnesium rich water helps cope with stress.
– Iron rich water wards of anaemia.